When the development team has nothing to show after 4 weeks, it is a sign that the project is in trouble. You need someone to look at the methodology and help get the project on track. Problems are more often organizational than technical:
- Poorly defined goals, specifications, responsibilities or deadlines.
- Lack of trust, communication or honesty.
- Toxic people in the organization.
- People put into incorrect roles.
- Inefficient tools or methodologies.
Project rescue is not only used as a last resort. The same principles can be applied preemptively:
- Assess the work environment, methodologies, technical decisions, etc.
- Steer the team in the right direction.
- Report on strenghts and weaknesses and propose steps to improve.
- In needed, accompany the team until a milestone or project completion.
She has built a reliable team in Europe and her calm, combined with her expertise and ability to solve problems has made her a respected team leader.